If your family is seeking where to go for teen marijuana treatment in Beverlywood, the Key Transitions teen marijuana addiction treatment Center is your answer. Our Teen Marijuana rehab helps adolescents struggling with marijuana abuse get on the right track. We provide all-day therapy and teen marijuana addiction treatment that helps make real changes in their minds and lives. Teen marijuana addiction often requires an environment shift and individual teen therapy and teen group therapy to help adolescents stop smoking or stop vaping Marijuana. Our teen iop treatment program has helped numerous adolescents and families.
The decriminalization of recreational Marijuana and the mainstream media’s open consumption of the plant don’t help teens struggle with marijuana addiction daily. Despite the government’s stern regulatory measures to regulate the sale of Marijuana, teens still buy it, especially from the black market.
In 2015, about 22.2 million people in the USA used Marijuana in one form or another, with a large percentage being teens. According to research by Psychology Today, 17% of teen marijuana users end up addicts. Given that more states are legalizing recreational Marijuana and making it more widely available, it’s important to understand the warning signs of teen marijuana addiction.
Teen marijuana abuse treatment is often necessary to intervene because marijuana addiction in teens is very common today. For many parents, it’s hard to identify their teens smoking weed. If you know some of the signs, it’s not that difficult to notice a teen addicted to Marijuana. If your teen is smoking weed, and they’re not receptive to talking or admitting it to you, contacting a specialist like Key Transitions is a good idea. Here are some of the most common signs your teens are addicted to smoking:
- Academic performance drops gradually, and they become disinterested in their studies.
- The teen might drop their old friends and pick new ones.
- The teen might become disinterested in social gatherings.
- The teen loses interest in activities that were once their favorite.
Teen Marijuana addiction refers to a condition in which the teenager becomes a frequent user and dependent on Marijuana, despite the imminent adverse effects. There are some most frequently used drugs abused by adolescents. When teens are addicted to Marijuana, they increase the amount they smoke and frequency, making the body more tolerant, and the user needs to consume more to feel the same euphoric feeling. This condition can disorient the normal functioning of the body and brain.
The risk and extent of adolescent Marijuana addiction depend on many instances. Taking Marijuana in liquid, wax, and solid forms increases the chances of addiction to smoking because the concentrates of THC are much higher. Marijuana dabs last longer than we can imagine. On the other hand, smoking marijuana in resin form also increases dependence due to the high THC levels of dried plant parts.
Contact us to learn more about our Teen Marijuana Abuse Treatment Program.
Living in Beverlywood, where Cannabis is legal, once a teen smokes for the first time and likes it, odds are they’ll continue smoking. There are so many effects of Cannabis on a child’s brain and body. Teen Marijuana addiction is a complex process that involves tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinoid receptors in the brain. When a teen takes Marijuana, the THC activates the brain receptors, improving mood and pleasure.
Long-term marijuana use leaves the receptors activated, making the user experience an abnormal craving for more Marijuana. Marijuana addiction might impair brain development in teens, leading to several symptoms. It’s imperative to stop your teenager from smoking weed as soon as possible. The licensed therapists at our Teen Marijuana Abuse Treatment Program have highly effective communication methods to help teens get through these struggles.
Teen Marijuana Addiction symptoms are divided into physical, cognitive, behavioral, and psychological.
Physical Symptoms of Marijuana Use
Physical symptoms of teen marijuana addiction include:
- Dry Mouth: Also referred to as cottonmouth, dry mouth is a common symptom of addiction to Marijuana. THC binds with the cannabinoid receptors and submandibular glands, inhibiting saliva production, hence dry mouth.
- Bloodshot Eyes: Marijuana dilates blood capillaries in the eyes, leading to low pressure. The dilated blood capillaries cause more blood to flow into the eyes, red eyes.
- Intense Hunger: Marijuana addiction activates ghrelin and anandamide hormones, which cause feelings of starvation, hence increased appetite.
- Fatigue: Some marijuana strains might induce sedative effects upon addiction, leaving the user exhausted and less productive.
- Slurred Speech and Memory: Marijuana addiction impairs the temporal lobe in the brain, leading to slurred speech and short-term memory loss.
Other physical symptoms of teen weed addiction include paranoia, poor coordination, respiratory infection, irregular heart rate, and stroke.
Cognitive Symptoms of Marijuana Use
The most cognitive teen marijuana addiction symptoms are:
- Low Reaction Time: Marijuana addiction might impair the limbic system, leading to low reaction time.
- Difficulty in Thinking: Marijuana addiction is synonymous with poor thinking ability, mainly due to the cerebrum’s impairment.
- Loss of Concentration, Distorted Perceptions, & Cognition: Severe marijuana addiction distorts the prefrontal cortex, leading to adverse effects on memory, concentration, and cognitive abilities.
Besides the above symptoms, teenage marijuana addicts might find it hard to solve problems due to poor temperament.
Behavioral Symptoms of Marijuana Use
Here is a breakdown of the behavioral symptoms of teen marijuana addiction:
- Mood Swings & Irritability: Marijuana addicts might become moody and violent.
- Pilferage: Teens might develop a habit of petty theft to finance marijuana addiction.
- Social Isolation: When teens become addicted to marijuana, especially Indica strains, they avoid interacting with otherl people.
Psychological Symptoms of Marijuana Use
- Fear and Paranoia: Some teens develop paranoia when addicted to Marijuana. For example, they might hallucinate that police are chasing them.
- Anxiety and Depression: Anxiety and depression are common among marijuana addicts, especially the youths. Marijuana causes them to overthink and, in the process, end up depressed.
- Dissociation: Dissociation is a common psychological symptom of teen marijuana addiction. It is characterized by derealization, amnesia, identity confusion, and depersonalization.
Quitting marijuana can sometimes lead to withdrawal symptoms. In some cases, the withdrawal symptoms might be so adverse that the addict slip backs to using marijuana, a condition referred to as a relapse.
Common withdrawal symptoms for teen marijuana addiction are:
- Mood swings, including irritability, depression, and anxiety
- Depression and anxiety
- Craving for marijuana
- Eating disorders, especially loss of appetite
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
Most parents don’t know what to do if their teenagers are using drugs or addicted to Marijuana. Key Transitions offers effective teen marijuana addiction treatments in Beverlywood and a renowned Teen Outpatient Program, which helps teens through detox and therapy. Teen marijuana addiction can be very serious.
Detox Treatment for Teen Marijuana Addiction in Beverlywood
Detox is a medical procedure that removes drug components from the body. The structure of marijuana components is complex; therefore, detox cannot be applied as a treatment plan.
Therapy Treatment for Teen Marijuana Addiction in Beverlywood
Beverlywood Teen Marijuana addiction treatment centers such as Key Transitions mainly use a combination of teen individual therapy, teen family therapy, teen music therapy, teen art therapy, teen exercise therapy, teen yoga therapy, teen surf therapy, teen group therapy, teen spiritual therapy, individual therapy, group therapy due to its high effectiveness.
Therapists may use Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). This therapy involves preparing the addict mentally to cope with a drug-free life. CBT helps the addict to manage withdrawal effects and gain self-control.
Fighting marijuana addiction is the first step toward improving a teen’s life. Key Transitions Teen Marijuana Treatment Center helps those adolescents of Beverlywood suffering from marijuana addiction. We Also have other Teen drug addiction treatments and teen treatment programs like:
- Teen Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Adolescent opiate addiction treatment
- Teen Cocaine Addiction Treatment
- teen mental health treatment
- teen xanax treatment
- teen depression treatment
- teenage anxiety treatment
- teen trauma treatment
- Teen Internet Addiction Treatment
- Teen Trauma and PTSD Treatment
- Teen Anger Management Treatment
- Teen Narcissistic Personality Disorder Treatment
How to Reach Key Transitions Teen Marijuana Addiction Treatment Centre from Beverlywood?
Key Transition Treatment Center is located on the Westside of Los Angeles, which makes it a convenient and accessible location for residents of Beverlywood and surrounding areas. Patients who live in the area can access our facility by driving or taking public transportation.