15 May 10 Ideas On How To Deal With Negative People
Negative people are never easy to be around, and even hard to deal with and endure. Say you’re talking to someone and you feel like you’re just being completely drained from conversing with this person. Negative people tend to suck the life and energy out of a room, and can potentially ruin someone’s mood if they allow it. Here are ways to deal with negative people in a healthy way.
Dealing With Negative People
- Pray for them- We all learn that praying for people (especially negative people) will help us grow, and this is a similar situation. We are powerless over everyone and everything but ourselves. Pray for them that they become more positive and optimistic.
- Don’t judge them or assume they’re a bad person- People have off days; don’t let this one day deter you from what can be an awesome friendship. No one is perfect and people have a lot of growing to do. Help this person grow and be a better person.
- Offer compassion- Try to understand where they’re coming from, even though that doesn’t really justify their behavior. Respectfully try and pull them into a better mood.
- Set a healthy boundary- You and only you can control your moods, no one else. If this person is genuinely bringing you down, let them know how it’s affecting you.
- Bring their negativity to light, respectfully- Maybe this person is so stuck in their negativity that they don’t even realize it. Try and let them know that they should try and be more positive without making them feel cornered.
- Distance yourself from them- Maybe their negativity is just too much for you to handle, so you just need to separate yourself from them entirely.
- Show some action- Bring positivity to your world by practicing some meditation or yoga.
- Don’t let them bring you down- You have the power of your own mood and thoughts, don’t let yourself get down because of someone else’s mood.
- Ignore it and love them for who they are- If you feel like you can endure it and maintain your own positivity, then by all means, go for it. Love and tolerance can go a long way!
- Love and tolerance- This is repeated because it’s important to always remember love and tolerance when dealing with negative people. Even though someone may affect you or someone else, realize you’re powerless over them and love them no matter what. Life is too short for negativity and hate.
Positivity Every Day
It’s scientifically proven that positivity and optimism releases serotonin, which then makes you happier. When you sit back and realize that everything is going to be okay and you’re powerless over the outcome, things will definitely go a lot smoother. Many people, especially those in recovery, like to act on their own will; therefore: thy will not mine be done. When you let go and let His will take over, everything is going to be okay. A wise man once said that the definition of anxiety is the fear of the unknown. Don’t let fear run your life and bring negativity to your life. You have the power over your mood and the way you look at things, no one else. Don’t let someone bring you down to negative town with them; stand up and be your own person.